Reel Inheritance Films
Zeva Oelbaum founded Reel Inheritance Films, a documentary film production company. She was producer and production designer on the feature-length documentary Ahead of Time: The Extraordinary Journey of Ruth Gruber, which premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival 2009.
The film was invited to participate in Project 20/20, a prestigious cultural exchange program, sponsored by the President’s Council for the Arts and Humanities.
- Official Selection: Toronto International Film Festival
- Winner—Best Documentary: Berkshire International Film Festival
- Winner—Best Documentary: Palm Springs Jewish Film Festival
- Official Selection: Full Frame Documentary Film Festival
- Official Selection: Seattle International Film Festival
- Official Selection: Santa Barbara International Film Festival
- Official Selection: Sarasota Film Festival
- Official Selection: Berlin Jewish Film Festival
- President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities
Oelbaum was founding partner and executive producer of TwinPix Productions which produced the feature-length documentary film, Rene and I. The film is about twins Irene Hizme and Rene Slotkin and their courage as 6 year old twins at Auschwitz. Liberated as 8 year olds, they were shuttled to different parts of the world and the film recounts the journey of their reunion.
The film premiered at the Jerusalem International Film Festival where it won Special Jury Mention.
- Special Jury Mention: Jerusalem International Film Festival
- Best Documentary: Atlanta Jewish Film Festival
- Best Documentary: RiverRun Film Festival
“A case study in pioneering feminist courage, ambition and individualism.”
—Nick Schrager, Time Out New York